bothered by loud noises
9:48:00 pmLoud noises drive me crazy. The older I get, the more I hate noise. Any noise, really.
It starts with traffic. Then it’s blasting party speakers. Then it’s construction work. Look, I’m not disrespecting builders. Call me oversensitive, but I just can’t stand it. Oh, and the construction's dust. It sticks to your skin. It gets right into your lungs.
When you think about it, humans make the most noise. We’re the loudest creatures alive. Our voices carry everywhere in endless languages. We blast music at all hours. We rev car engines just to be heard. Then there’s the digital noise from clout-chasers online.
Even birds sing without being offensive. Their songs don't hurt your ears. But humans? We claim to have advanced minds. Yet we just spit out nonstop rants and nonsense.
As people grow older, they talk about the exact same things. Have you noticed that? It’s mostly about themselves. Or their partner. Their kids. Their pets. Their parents. Their neighbors.
Honestly, I wish someone I know would talk about JJ Lin instead. That way I could finally learn some deep, hidden secrets about him that aren't in the media. Hehehe.
People stay noisy to draw a crowd. Think about a shopping mall. They crank up the music. They hire a loud MC. They do whatever it takes to build a buzz.
That’s why I love that some creatures still choose peace amidst all this noise. Take sea turtles, for example. If there’s too much noise or light, they can’t lay their eggs. They see it as a threat.
When it comes to handling noise, I guess I’m just as fragile as a sea turtle.


0 komentar